Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Well, this is my 2nd post

I am the worst blogger of all time. Just now, I updated my personal blog for the first time since August 23rd. Hopefully I'll get better at it.

I have officially reached burnout point. And it's not because of the kids- I just LOVE working with the Elementary kids (and I am still so surprised that I like it so much). It's the people that I work with. I am constantly around negative people, and it's gotten to the point to where I'll just eat my lunch alone in my classroom so I don't have to listen to it. I remember Dr. Bass always talking about the whiny teachers, and I figured that there would be a few of those at any school. But for whatever reason, all but 2 people that I work with are so negative.

Being around them has made me so aware of the fact that although we are called to teach in a classroom, we are also called to minister to our co-workers and be as Christ-like as possible. I think that God is trying to challenge me during these last few weeks. I have no desire to be around any of those people, but I realized that I might be the only person who will "show them Jesus" every day. So I'm going to do my best to just listen to the complaining, give an encouraging response, while keeping a smile on my face the entire time.

In other news, I have a job interview on Friday! Yay!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in a little over 2 weeks!!! We're SOOOO close, folks!

-Miss I/Ichter/Inkner/Nectar/Easter/Itcher/Eyekter (and the list goes on and on)

1 comment: