Monday, May 2, 2011

Ups and downs of teaching

Oh today.  Wow.  Well, I had the kids for the morning because Mrs. T was at staff development for some computer program.  My voice was sore from raising it by the end of the morning.  They were loud, they were harassing each other.  We had two emotional blow-ups.  I sent a girl to the office and had another one sobbing on my chest.  It was a little intense.  I was emotionally exhausted by the end of the day.  I hate it when kids make decisions that require discipline.  It’s just not fun.  Sure, it’s for their good, but it’s hard.  My two great moments though were when one of the girls came up to me later and said, “Miss Neal, thank you for calming me down earlier”.  The other moment was when I read through a story one of my lower kids had written when we were talking about plot, and he GOT IT!  Mechanics were awful, but the content was there!!!  Hurrah!   

No comments:

Post a Comment