Friday, May 6, 2011

The beginning of the end!

Thursday
I want you to stand in the back and put your nose to the wall.  That's what she told him after asking him if he'd had his medication and then laying into him because she didn't think he was trying.  That sure sounds like some redemptive, child-centered discipline to me!  When I overhear conversations like that, I want to just say, "See here, teacher of the year from 1978, you need a vacation, a permanent one."  Kids wear on you, sure, and if they ever manage to wear away your patience, get out of the classroom.  I've done a lot of observation today.  I've seen lots of good things being done, literacy strategies, organization and parental involvement.  This incident was not one of those things.  I know this kid.  He's a mover, a fidgeter.  You have to keep those kids moving or fidgeting or else.  Or else they'll drive you crazy and disrupt your whole classroom.  Today we had a staff workshop about word walls.  It was really fun!

Friday
Today was my last day!  The kids and Mrs. T gave me a basket full of teacher tools and a book that they made.  The prompt was “My favorite moment with you was…”  It was fun to see what they said.  I have so many markers and index cards and pens now!  We even got an extra recess and popsicles!  I played four square with them.  The teacher across the hall even gave me a stack of Flat Stanley books!  Hurrah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment