Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Last week!

Tuesday
Tuesdays are usually long and wretched, but today has been reasonably quick.  We are studying cause and effect in reading.  Cause: Miss Neal did not drink her usual cup of strong coffee this morning.  Effect: Miss Neal was fighting back the Sandman all morning.  Note to self - it's worth the time to make a cup of coffee!  I'm going to be doing some observations this week, which should be fun. 

Wednesday
Mrs. T was gone today, so we had a sub.  I didn’t stay in class much, as I observed in Mrs. H, Mrs. B and helped with writing conferences in Mrs. S’s class.  I loved doing writing conferencing.  It's cool to see kids express their ideas and help them sharpen their imagery and word choices.  It was neat to see the different ways teachers can be effective based on the natural ways they manage.  Also, I have yet to meet a sub that is both effective and nice.  One of my kids brought me a bag of teacher loot today.  I got a teacher bag that’s YELLOW!  I also got some fun sticky notes and pens!  

No comments:

Post a Comment