Saturday, March 5, 2011

Last Day in Kindergarten :(

Quote of the day: J- (singing) “Takin’ care of biscuits!” S- “Uh, I think you mean business.”


Today was my last day in kindergarten! For the final day of Read Across America week, we wore bright colors in honor of Dr. Seuss’ book entitled My Many Colored Days. I wore my tie-dye Ouachita shirt. In addition, we made green eggs and ham. The kids loved it! It seemed to be a pretty normal day until after lunch. Mrs. A sent me to the lounge to make some copies, and when I came back, all the kids were seated in a circle on the carpet and they yelled “Surprise!” There were also gifts, cake, and ice cream waiting for me! One student’s mom had even sent me candy and balloons, and Mrs. A gave me a big box full of teacher stuff. I was so surprised! Tears came to my eyes, but I pulled it together because I did not want the kids to see me cry. They even sang me an impromptu song called “We Will Miss You” to the tune of “Happy Birthday.” After we ate cake and ice cream, I gave Mrs. A the gift I had gotten her: a 6-pack of Diet Dr. Pepper, a box of Wheat Thins, and a big jar of M&M’s. (These are all her favorite things.) At the end of the day, Mrs. A had the students raise their hands and say their favorite thing they did while I was in their class. It was really neat listening to the things they remembered from the past six weeks. I will never forget all the sweet words and hugs I received from the kids as they were getting ready to go home. I am really going to miss the kids and teachers that I have had the privilege of working with this rotation. Because of them, my heart has been truly blessed.

Green eggs and ham!

Me with my cake!

Mrs. A was so sweet to give me all these "teacher" things!

Love my balloon

It's really hard to get 20 kindergarteners to be ready and smiling all at the same time, so this is the best picture we got. I think it's pretty good, don't you? I will miss them so much!


On to third grade!


-Miss Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment