Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Getting there takes time... : )

Tuesday
These are the days you want to go home, cry your eyes out, quit and be a secretary.  Fear not, professor friends, I’m not quitting yet.  It takes a lot to make a Neal quit.  It’s just discouraging when the kids are crazy and you know it’s all your fault.  It was my fault that I didn’t manage them better, that there were cracks in my transitions.  Bah.  I was pretty defeated by the end of the day.  Mrs. C was really encouraging about it.  I guess my glad thing is at least it’s something I can fix.  It’s not as though I’m completely incompetent.  I just need to work on some skills.  It’s ok.  I’ll get up again tomorrow.  I’ll get back on that horse, and by golly I’ll ride it straight into the sunset.

Wednesday
Oh happy day, the world is in color again!  It was such a better day!  We made cake in the classroom.  I pulled the recipe up on the SMART Board, we made it from scratch and baked it in a crockpot.  I made a sock puppet last night, which they LOVED.  They wanted the puppet to read the books instead of me, which is funny because I’m not the best ventriloquist.  We also had our Pre-K buddies over and did Dr. Seuss puzzles.  I realized they were too hard, though because the kids didn’t know what the end result would be since there was no box to look at.  Note to self!  Great things happened all day.  I got my mission trip box at the end of the day, along with approval to go to a conference in San Diego!

No comments:

Post a Comment