Thursday, March 10, 2011

My heart is still in kindergarten...

(This post is from yesterday, my first day in third grade.)


Today I moved up to third grade. To be honest, I really was not looking forward to it. As I drove up in the parking lot, it hit me that I will be walking into a different building from now on. I did not expect to feel so sad about not being with “my” kindergarteners. Although I am glad that there are no more snotty noses, untied shoes, and stinky pants, I will miss all the quotes, hugs, and smiles that I got to experience each day in kindergarten. I thought about Mrs. A’s class all throughout the day. :(

Mrs. N was very helpful all day as she informed me about pretty much everything I need to know about how things work in the third grade. Their schedule was a little off today because they were doing their TLI tests, which is a practice test for the Benchmark. I went with Mrs. P and watched her administer the test to a small group, as I would be doing the same thing later in the day. I also got to make two trips over to the administration office to deliver the tests so they could be scanned. The ladies over there are so nice! It is going to be such a big adjustment going from kindergarten, where they do not really take “grades,” to third grade where they have all these standardized tests. I will also have to learn twice as many names and remember whose homeroom they are in! All in all, it was a pretty long and boring day. Third grade just does not measure up to kindergarten in my book.


-Miss Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment