Thursday, February 3, 2011

100 Days Smarter!

Today was the 100th day of school! The Bismarck bunch made 100th day shirts in celebration. :) The kids had a blast today! Here are some of the activities we did:

  • Answer the questions "I would like to have 100 ____" , "I wouldn't like to have 100 _____" , "I would like to eat 100 ______" , and "I wouldn't like to eat 100 _____" Then they shared their answers with the class. I think some of the funniest answers were "I wouldn't like to have 100 legs" and "I wouldn't like to eat 100 eyeballs." and "I would like to have 100 diamonds" I loved hearing their creative answers!
  • Make trail mix. My CT sent notes home to parents last week asking them to send specific things with their child. Some were asked to bring 100 chocolate chips, 100 rice checks, 100 pretzels, etc. We mixed up the snacks and then gave each child a cupful. Then, they have to sort and graph their trail mix before they could eat it! This was one of the kids favorite activities.
  • We tried to be quiet for 100 seconds (we have a hard time with that every day, not just on the 100th day)
  • Watched 101 Dalmatians
  • We wrote about one of our favorite things that had happened in the first 100 days of school. Many of them wrote about the 100th day because they were having so much fun! Some students wrote about the time they came to school in their pajamas and got to read all day. Some students also talked about the Halloween and Christmas parties that they had.
I can't wait to do fun 100th day stuff when I have my own classroom. Maybe I'll even be brave enough to dress up like a 100 year old woman like Abby! ;) Here are some pictures of us in our 100th day attire!

The whole group!



My classroom neighbor!





Second grade Interns!





Here are the Interns in kindergarten and first grade!





Much Love,

Miss Richey

No comments:

Post a Comment