Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy "Valentime's" Day!

Quote of the day: S- “Mrs. A, C threw away the Valentine that N gave him!” Mrs. A (in private to C)- “C, that might hurt people’s feelings if you throw away the Valentines they give you. Why don’t you at least take them home, and if you don’t want them you can throw them away there.” C (through gritted teeth)- “That was a BARBIE Valentine. I DO NOT want it in my possession!”


Happy “Valentime’s” Day! (as Junie B. Jones and some of the students in my class would say) Our classroom was full of love today. The kids were so excited about giving each other Valentine cards. I had never thought of this before, but having the students write their classmates’ names on the cards and then have to look at them when passing them out is good practice for reading, writing, and letter recognition. I tried to incorporate some review on the numbers 1-20 by having the students sing “One little, two little, three little Valentines…” (all the way to 20) during morning carpet time. I passed out red hearts with numbers 1-20 on them, and when we got to their number they had to pop up really fast! When we mastered that, we scrambled up to make it more of a challenge. Instead of having a Valentine party, Mrs. A just incorporated the Valentine theme all throughout the day. In the afternoon, we had ice cream sundaes which were so delicious! The parents were so good to send all the items that were needed. Somehow we ended up with 6 jars of cherries, but we did not even make it through one! I also just want to say that I have the best kids ever. They are so sweet! Many of them gave me Valentines… I even got flowers, a teddy bear, and a huge box of chocolates! I think they liked the Valentines I got them… each one came with a tattoo. What a fun day!


Passing out Valentines

All the goodies!

My sweet Valentines from students!

Hope everyone had a happy day!
-Miss Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment