Thursday, February 24, 2011

*Emergency Room?!*

I am infamous for getting completely ill at the most inopportune times. I'm sure you all remember that I had the stomach bug during the Portfolio Presentation and now that solo week is here I've outdone myself. Yes, thats right….I was sent from school to the Emergency Room this morning.

I have been losing my voice and having throat issues for a couple of days and thought it was just because I had used my voice too much. I have never lost my voice before, so I just assumed I was okay. The nurse checked me for strep and I didn't have it, but she still told me to go home. I told her I HAD to stay because it was an important day so I taught the class by doing charades and a bell…it actually worked out better than you would think. Who knew? It was really hard being in that much pain, but since it was my solo week and we had a sub I pushed through which I shouldn't have done.

Today I got to school and I could not speak a SINGLE word, not even in a whisper. I woke up in massive pain last night, but told myself I was going to be okay. I've already been ill, so I can't miss many more days! I pushed through and made it to school, but the pain was so bad that I was fighting back tears. Finally my throat started swelling so much that I could barely breath so I wrote on a whiteboard that I needed someone to call my grandparents because I needed to go get help!

My grandparents brought me to the Emergency Room and they gave me a big, fat steroid shot to open up my throat so I could breathe. Apparently I have caught a virus that puts blisters all down my throat…yike! I am glad I went to the ER because I needed some help and FAST!!! I don't know what I would've done without our medical technologies.

There's a little dramatic update from me! Sorry I haven't written in a while…I just get side tracked with all my DVR to be honest.

2 comments: