Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I might have to start running on a regular basis...

Well, it is tomorrow… and the crazy happened. My day was completely filled with teaching. My CT had to go to the doctor again. She was gone all day besides for AP Spanish. I taught 6 out of 7 periods today and I am exhausted. There was a sub in the room (no worries Mrs. C) who yet again didn’t know Spanish. She sat in her chair and I ran the entire class period. I know I was going to be tired when I started teaching full days, but I’m pooped, man. These sweat pants have never seemed so comfortable.
                Today I almost sent a kid to ISS, which was a weird feeling. She had just decided that she didn’t want to do her work. I had asked if I could help her work on anything and if she understood what she was doing, and she said no and no. I asked her if something was wrong and she answered, no. I couldn’t get her to look me in the eyes or comply with anything. She normally does what she’s asked, but she’s never thrilled with it. This was just crazy. I chatted with her a couple times to see if I could help or if she was having a hard day. She told me that nothing was wrong at all, but she had decided that she wasn’t going to do anything. And she was serious about that. I sent her to the office where they dealt with her. Other than that incident, today’s total teaching takeover went surprisingly well. It was quite a good day. I’m glad to have gotten all that experience smashed into one day. I’m also glad that today is done and I can sit. I’m going to have to work on my stamina when I’m doing this all day every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment