Wednesday, February 2, 2011

*100th Day of School*

5 yr. old boy- "You are the smartest person I know! How far can you count?"
Me- "Well, pretty far but I've had LOTS of practice."
boy-"When I'm your age will I be able to count that high?"
Me-"Well, I hope you can count higher! I hope that you will be smarter than I am and teach ME things one day."
boy- "WHAT?! WHY???"
Me-:"Because then I'll know I've done my job well."
boy- "Hmm…interesting. I still think you are the smartest person I know!"

Today was the 100th day of school and it was SO much fun! I dressed up as a 100 yr. old lady and gave the kids chocolate, so of course they were out of control most of the day. Dancing in front of the projector did happen at one point, but I'm just as tempted to do it along with them, so it was hard to flip colors for that. Flipping colors is our behavioral management style, and it usually works when I'm not looking crazy and feeding them sugar. Me and my cooperating teacher said throughout the school day: "We only have ourselves to blame!" haha. In my opinion, somedays you just have to CELEBRATE and be goofy!!! I mean, hello! We only get 15 minutes of recess a day and we've been waiting for the 100th day for a LONG time. These kids are usually so well behaved it's almost scary! There's such thing as too much quiet in a kindergarten classroom. We will go back to stricter school days and schedules tomorrow….we will see how that goes.

Mrs. C came to observe me after lunch and it was wonderful to see her! It made me think about how much I miss all of you!!! I was relieved to have it over with and glad that I remembered the stuff that I was supposed to. There is SO much to think about when it comes to pathwise! My little cuties were more out of hand than usual, but overall they did well! As well as can be expected on the most fun day ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment