Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today was interesting because so many things happened that were out of the ordinary.  Dr. S came to visit the class and do a read aloud.  A’s mom came before lunch to do a read aloud.  The kids didn’t have recess outside because it was so cold, and I taught in the afternoon because we didn’t have time for calendar in the morning!  I was a little worried about the indoor recess making the kids stir crazy but they did so well.  Mrs. C just has very well thought out procedures for free time, and the kids just played with a partner.  It was funny to see that they did school things even during free time.  One pair was writing their alphabets on the board and reading it to each other with the reading stick.  Mrs. C is also great about being flexible.  She told me today that life is too short to get bent out of shape about things. 

One of our kids didn't have their meds and slept all afternoon.  There's a round pampazan chair that Mrs. C keeps a quilt in where they can sit if they don't feel good.  This poor kid definitely didn't feel good and just slept. We woke her up for the bus and she was SO drowsy.  That was interesting.

I found a school I want to apply for back home.  Their student to teacher ratio is 12/1!! Whoop.  They're a private classical school... that could be interesting.  Juliana Braswell said her school in LR might be hiring too, and she said she loves it.  How's the job hunt coming for everyone??

Miss Neal

1 comment:

  1. I am currently filling out and sending in job applications. I wish I could just get a job without going through all that! I'm praying for the right job and place for me, too! Good luck with all your applications!

    ReplyDelete