Monday, January 31, 2011

Well, I'm never wearing that again.

Quote of the day:
6th grader A: "Miss Jones, did you go to Lake Hamilton High?"
6th grader B: "No, remember? She's from TEXAS."
6th grader C: "Haha, Miss Jones is from Texas!"
6th grader A: "Oh, yeah. I knew that."

I guess I'm learning the hard way what to wear and what not to wear to school, based on how many boys flirt with me and how many girls come up and introduce themselves, thinking I'm a new student. I thought I looked rather professional, but apparently, I still look like a kid. Several middle school girls told me how pretty I looked, and- get this- SIX high schoolers came and introduced themselves, thinking I was a new student. I haven't gotten to work with all of the groups, so there are many students who haven't seen me too much yet. I guess that partially explains it. But still-- it'll be a while before I wear that shirt again.

The 6th grade high brass (horns and trumpets) had a chair test on Friday, and the girl I worked with so much ended up getting 6th chair! That's a huge improvement from her usual next-to-last chair. It's definitely boosted her confidence, too.

I'm currently stressed about how much I have to do-- listen to CDs and learn music, legal issues paper, score studies, lesson plans for teaching percussion, AND plan the service learning project (which Miss Neal was kind enough to remind me about). It doesn't help that my planner's been missing for a week, either. I really hope I can get this all done! But, on the bright side, I now own a lime green recorder. The instrument nerd is quite pleased with this new acquisition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment