Monday, January 31, 2011

Back to work!

I’m feeling much better!  Being healthy makes so much of a difference when teaching.  I’m not completely well, but I’m getting close.  Today I added phonics to calendar and browse box on my list of teaching responsibilities.  It’s fun because Mrs. Conzel’s style of teaching is very hands on and practical, so instead of having a huge transition to a phonics lesson, I just incorporated new activities into calendar and browse box.  In our team meeting last week we talked about common core standards and how we needed to change lesson plans to incorporate them.  One new framework talked about teaching the parts of speech, so I’ve begun using our letter of the week to talk about words that are different parts of speech.  The kids have kept up with it well so far.  Tomorrow I’m thinking about adding verbs to their vocabulary.  No accidents today, that makes it a good day. 

How's the SLP planning coming?  

Miss Neal  

1 comment: