Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 2

Quote of the Day (also from yesterday): Me - I'm from Arizona; Kid - Is that a small country? 


Day two on the job, check.  Today we went camping!  It flew by because we were so busy.  I missed calendar and browse box time because I was helping give a test in one of the first grade classrooms.  I helped grade some worksheets during the morning and helped Mrs. C cut paper strips for our sight word campfires. 

During recess, we were on duty, so I played freeze tag with the kids.  This solved the problem I had yesterday of falling asleep in the afternoon, but I’m not sure it was the best professional move.  The kids were treating me like we were at Backyard Bible Club instead of like a teacher.  I can’t really decide what I think about that because if they’re having fun and I’m having fun and I’ve got control when we’re actually in class, is it still a bad move, or just unconventional? 


A little nervous to start calendar and browse box on Monday, but knowing God will give enough grace,


Miss Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment