Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 2, and a bonus Saturday

Quote of the day:
10th grader: "How did you know my name?"
Me: "I have magical powers."
10th grader: "...you're lying."

Friday was abnormal in that Lake Hamilton was hosting an All-Region band clinic. It began at 1:00, but we had to set up long before that and make sure everything was ready. Things were pretty hectic for a few hours, but once the clinic started, I had nothing to do but hang out with area band directors for seven hours. We didn't get to leave the school until 9:15, so I spent the night in Hot Springs, because I had to be back this morning at 8:00 for round two of the clinic. The clinic lasted from 8:00-3:00, and then we had to tear down the sets and reset the band hall for Monday. I start teaching on Monday, and I haven't had time to study for it yet.

The Lake Hamilton band has a very good program, and there is constantly something going on. What that means for me is that I'm always up at the school until late at night and will frequently have to spend the night in Hot Springs because it will be too late for me to go back to Arkadelphia. I'm afraid that I'm not going to have time to do the things that the education department is requiring me to do because I'll be so busy with what the band program's busy schedule is requiring me to do. I already don't have time for friends- I'm having to miss a friend's birthday party this evening, and had to miss a different birthday party last night. I don't have time for sleep, either, unfortunately. This is definitely going to take some getting used to. I enjoy it so much while I'm at the school, but once I leave, the reality of how much I have to do kicks in.

Slightly stressed,
Miss Jones

1 comment:

  1. Awwww Leah! I'm so sorry. I'd talk to your supervisor or Dr. Bass about it because I'm sure they'd have some advice on where to draw the line of commitment.

    Hope it gets better,

    Casie

    ReplyDelete