Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Reminder, I'm teaching High School Spanish


QOTD:
CT:“Now class, what’s an example of a contraction”
Male Student (in all seriousness): “it’s when your stomach spasms when you’re going to have a baby.”

                Needless to say, we lost the class for a solid three minutes due to laughter. The teacher and I were laughing almost harder than the kids…

First Monday of the rest of my life of teaching has been accomplished. If that’s not a scary thought, I don’t know what is. I still have yet to have finished a full day with my CT due to some complications with the surgery she had on Thursday. I had all but 8th period with her. At that point, she left and a sub was supposed to come into the classroom. I ended up teaching 8th period because the sub didn’t show up until halfway through the class. It went really well. I’m pretty tired today, but I’ve really been enjoying getting to know the kids.
I’m intimidated like crazy on some of the things that my AP Spanish class is learning. We went over Subjunctive verb conjugation and I was taking notes. I’d never had it explained to me like that before and it made so much more sense than anything I’d ever heard. Good, right? Also scary due to the fact that I’m re-learning high school level Spanish. Such is life. 

And away we go to day two of the week,
Ms. Hurn

No comments:

Post a Comment