Thursday, January 20, 2011

My First Day

Kindergarten quote of the day: “I’m going to the barbie shop, because I have to get a hairy cut.”


God knew just what I needed to put me at ease this morning, because he used a precious little girl to bless me as soon as I entered the classroom. In a very adult-like manner, this child said, “Good morning, ma’am. I am so happy that you are here. I am also so happy that your desk is really close to mine!” From then on, the day just kept getting better and better. Because the kindergarten schedule includes three recesses, an activity period, snack time, and nap time, I can tell I will have lots of time to plan and work closely with all three of the kindergarten teachers. From the moment I met these ladies, they have showered me with warmth and friendliness for which I am so thankful. As I ate lunch with my cooperating teacher, she shared with me important details about the unique backgrounds and situations of each student. This conversation was extremely beneficial to me as it helped me understand and learn more about the students. I am already falling in love with these kids! All in all, I do not see how my first day could have gone any better! The snow even added a little excitement to the day. I am so thankful for my cooperating teacher, and I know I will learn so much from her.

Miss Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment