Monday, January 31, 2011

*New Student*

Today we got a new student and it has definitely added a level of stress to the situation! He does not even know his letters and the rest of the class is reading and writing. This will really help me learn how to modify lessons to fit all needs and see what it's like to get a new student mid semester. My teacher had no idea she was getting a new student until this morning, and she got a new one from Pakistan last week! The little boy kept asking "When can we play?! When is nap?!?!"....Too bad we have no nap and only 15 minutes of recess. (Shame, I know) He also decided that he just didn't want to work and said plainly: "Well, I've had enough of this...I'm going home!" around 12pm. His parents said all he did at his old school was play, and this school is pretty hardcore so he might be in for a little rude awakening. It's actually the most hardcore public school I've ever seen...uniforms and everything! They really have to work hard most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment