Friday, January 21, 2011

I Survived.

Quote of the day: "Is Miss Richey going to stay for the rest of the day?" ... I'm glad they want me to stick around because I'll be there for a while. :)

The first week of student teaching has been exhausting. I get home and immediately take a nap. And so does Katie... :)

Although exhausting, it has been a wonderful experience so far! Before the day even began a little girl in my class gave me a silly band. I bet that little girl has no idea how much I appreciate her welcoming me into the classroom! I am so blessed to be working with a wonderful group of second graders and a great teacher. She immediately took me under her wing and has taught me so much already.

On the first day, the students were excited because it was SNOWING! It's funny how much the weather can affect the student's behavior. The little darlings couldn't stop looking out the window. You can't blame them... I found myself looking out the window constantly too! I ate lunch with Lauren and Jillian and it was fun to talk about all of the exciting things that happened so far in the day. The afternoon passed by slowly and I found myself falling asleep! I am going to have to do something about that problem.

On the second day, the day went by much faster! I got to talk to Mrs. C about the needs of specific students. I am soaking it all in because I want to know as much as I can about my students! She gave me my schedule of what I will be teaching and when and I am excited about gaining a little more responsibility in the classroom. I graded a few papers today and was grateful to have something to do during the afternoon to keep me from getting sleepy.
Katie and I ended our first week of student teaching by taking a trip to Sonic happy hour. I am so GLAD that I have had such a great experience so far and I can't wait to see how much I am going to learn by the end of my student teaching internship.

Love,

Miss Richey

1 comment:

  1. Can we puhlease make this Sonic run a group effort some time?? : )

    ReplyDelete