Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ms. Ichter

Okay so I have been at Malvern High School in the mornings, and then I go to Malvern Junior High and the afternoons. As far as discipline goes, the high school students are FANTASTIC. I am starting to build great relationships with my students, which is something I am SOOOO grateful for. My 8th grade girls at MJHS are amazing too... However, I am not loving some of the girls in my 7th grade choir. There is SOOOO much drama going on between the girls (you wouldn't even believe some of the things these girls are dealing with... stuff I hadn't even heard of until I came to college, if that says anything). Please pray that the Lord would use me to be an encouragement and a good example to those girls.

So here's my cool story that I'm so glad about:

I have a sweet little 8th grade girl who has Down's. What's so awesome is that all of the non-disabled girls are SOOOO precious to her and the other 4 girls who are special ed. Anyhow, whenever this girl sings, she sounds like the drone of a bagpipe- she sings one note, and she is LOUD AND PROUD! :) So the other day, Ms. Kilmer (my CT) asked me if I could maybe try to get her to match pitch. So I kind of pulled her to the front of the class with me, and for the first time ever, the little girl was singing the same notes as me!!! It was THE coolest moment, and all of the other girls in class clapped for her and were cheering her name. She couldn't have been more excited about her accomplishment and I'm glad I could be a part of that.

You are all incredible teachers, and I'm praying for all of you!

-Miss Ichter

1 comment:

  1. That story sounds a lot like my story with the 6th grade horn player! I'm glad we were both able to help someone out so that they could be on correct pitches for the first time.

    ReplyDelete