Thursday, January 27, 2011

Real life strikes again...

I feel like I’m getting a pretty accurate experience in Mrs. C’s classroom.  We have a couple kids who are in speech, one who’s in the middle of working out an IEP, and kids from all different backgrounds.  One of my sweet ones brought in a bunch of pictures today of going to visit their dad because he's in prison.  Sometimes I hate the difference between the way things are and the way they're supposed to be.  

Another thing I’m experiencing now is teaching while I’m sick.  I have a pretty nasty sore throat, which made it a little hard to teach today, but teachers can’t take sick days when they have colds.  Mrs. C was sweet about it and let me work on di-cuts for a little while in the library.  You have to be just as with it when you’re sick as when you’re healthy.  Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight and wake up a little fresher tomorrow.   I'm so thankful that tomorrow is Friday!

MissCasieRae

1 comment:

  1. I got really sick two days ago, but the nurse made me go home! It was more than a cold, four of my students had to go home as well!!! I think we need time to get immune to all of this stuff! Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete