Monday, January 24, 2011

Holy Guacamole!

This is my desk!

Quote of the day: “Holy guacamole!”

I’ve come to realize that in a kindergarten classroom, pencils are not just pencils. Pencils can be swords, used to slay a fire-breathing dragon. They can be light sabers, the most powerful weapons reserved only for Jedi Knights. They can be drumsticks, used to play songs such as “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd (one of my students is on a Lynyrd Skynyrd kick). And they can be rocket ships, soaring all the way from Earth to outer space. Although these behaviors with pencils are usually redirected very quickly, it is very interesting to see what these kids will come up with. Oh, to have that kind of imagination!

This morning it was dark and rainy, which means it was super hard to get up when my alarm went off at 5:00, despite the fact that I went to bed earlier than normal. Also, I did not get my morning coffee, so I had to give an extra effort to keep my eyes open. I managed to find some coffee in the teacher’s lounge during lunch. (It was leftover from the appreciation breakfast they had for the school board.) The rest of the day seemed to fly by. I put several announcements in the daily take-home folders, graded some papers, and did a read-aloud as the children were getting ready to go home. I also copied and sent home a letter to the parents, just to introduce myself and give them my e-mail address in case they have any questions.


Miss Moore


1 comment:

  1. Go Miss Moore! Hannah and I have been making coffee faithfully lol. Folgers Black Silk is reaaaaaally good!

    ReplyDelete