Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 1

Quote of the day: I have B.O., I'm telling you.

I survived!  I'm really looking forward to having Mrs. C as my CT.  Her ability to manage chaos and multitask is incredible.  Tomorrow we're "going camping" so today we set up the tent, hung the stars with the sight words (that we're going to read with flashlights while star gazing).


If you’ve been to a circus, you know that elephants, motorcycles, red clown noses, trapezes and makeup artists are all involved in the show.  In the ring, there may be several acts going on at once, people flying, bowling pins flying, fire flying through the sky.  Chaos at first sight, but really a well-orchestrated operation.  The ringleader keeps things moving along, orchestrates, coordinates, and represents the different acts in the show.  Mrs. C is the ringleader.  That woman had students working at their desks, in small groups, singing, standing on their chairs, and having a reading comprehension battle of the sexes. 

The day was great.  It was exhausting and crazy, but I’m looking forward to tomorrow!  I did some observing, note-taking, grading, and reading out loud, which was a great way to start my student teaching internship. 

Much love,

Miss Neal  

No comments:

Post a Comment